A little “Stocking Stuffer” for the Star Trek Phase II fans who wait so patiently between episodes

Created as a little “Stocking Stuffer” for the Star Trek Phase II fans who wait so patiently between episodes, Gravity Arch Media presents a fan film inspired by Star Trek Phase II…

“1701 Pennsylvania Av.

President Nixon just loved to secretly record everything that occurred in the oval office. Phone calls, personal and political conversations, meetings. Everything got recorded on audiotape.

But what happened on a very special night in 1969 when President Nixon forgot the tape recorder was recording? His secret service detail, Agent Smith, has the dubious job of keeping the president’s imagination on the ground: “And I thought Johnson was a handful!”

Join the discussion 35 Comments

• Pony R. Horton says:

Merry Christmas To All!

(Now TURN IT OFF and GO TO BED!!!)

• Ian Goodenough says:

Hilarious! Happy Christmas from the UK!

• Al Hartman says:

Well done Pony and team!!!

Thanks for the great Christmas Present!

• Sarge says:

OK, now that was funny!!!!

• Ken Thomson says:

That was awesome guys! Merry Christmas!

• Steve Dillard says:

My favorite Prez……… :-)

• Peter Baldwin says:

I like it!!! It reminds me of tricky Dick in a good way.

• Maverick says:

Well, if it HAD been Johnson it would have been a six-shooter phaser.

• Bryan says:

Funny stuff guys! Great story and loved the Nixon/Elvis (James) pic in the credits. Sweet! Merry Christmas!

• Heather Taylor-Nicholson says:

ROTFLMHO!!!!!! Oh my dears, I cannot tell you how much that has cheered me up! LOL!! To Pony and all, MORE!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

• Rick Taylor says:

Fantastic, couldn’t stop laughing, I’m looking forward to more quality Cawley Entertainment in the near (hopefully) future.

• Dave says:

Brilliant! You gave us a good laugh, more Trek AND explained the missing 18 minutes of the Nixon White House tapes all in one shot! Bravo!

• Richard Shindle says:

This was a brilliant little adventure and a huge supprise for a Phase II fan… Just wish Captain Christopher had a cameo… Spot on for Nixion.

• Teresaays toa l says:

That was a great Present! Thanks and Happy Holiday to everyone!

• Shawn says:

Very well done! You have another fan in NH. PLEASE! Keep up the great work!

If and when money gets flowing here again, I’m happy to send some financial support.

• .Stephan Mittelstrass says:

Merry Christmas (aka fröhliche Weihnachten) from the German Phase 2 Mirror. We`re looking forward to translate more scripts and stuff in 2012.

• Lester Anderson says:

Not only the Nixon reference, but having “Agent Smith” from the Matrix series as his primary handler, Priceless!!!

• Damon White says:

A++ Laughed so much =D And the little touches (James in his Elvis persona; Kitumba playing on Nixon’s tv) were so fun to watch. Keep up the great work and grats on a great story =D

• Christopher Jordan says:

Richard Nixon a Star Trek fan? Well, there have been stranger things.

Looking forward to the other episodes yet to be released.

• Allan says:

Awesome work, good to see a sneak peak of Kitumba on the President’s TV. I really enjoyed the nice little homage to the Matrix at 5:07, I was expecting to see Mister Ander-san.

• Scott says:

Star Wars sounds in a Star Trek episode? That’s as twisted as Darth Vader with his Star Trek mug.

• Norm says:

“We’re the government. We can do that. Live with it.”

Nice to know things haven’t changed. :-/

• Was that Cawley playing Elvis in the picture with Nixon?

Great job!

• Michael says:

Nicely done! I always thought Nixon had some secret Trek fantasy land going on. Now we know for sure.

• Bob Fields says:

LOL! You made my day….thank you. :)

• Tommyboy49 says:

Clever idea! It got some minor smiles out of me. What if you had had the Nixon character much less of a caricature? Alternatively gone fully camp on the entire story? As is there were too many of his “V” for victory hand gestures in my opinion. The tribble multiplication in the drawer was a bit of a non sequitur in my opinion. Implying they were real tribbles that somehow got to 1972 earth after you had set up all Star Trek connections as being only in Nixon’s imagination. There’s also some minor quibbles with the historical accuracy which I can easily overlook in that the 18 minute gap occurred on a tape from 1972 and the first moon landing was in 1969.

• Is there any place I can download this little nugget?

• Christopher LaRoche says:

That was just so much fun.

• Joseph Brandstetter says:

Watching this I can see the cast is in need of a period clothes for shoots like this. Also, a little bit more of an eye for the set dressing so it looks period. If you are interested in my help I’m spot on and have a lot of knowledge when it comes to getting the details perfect.

• Hi Joseph, thanks for the offer. This was simply a little fun some of our crew members had that we thought everyone might enjoy. Generally, when it comes to the production of an actual episode, we’ve got a few history experts and near-experts that research such things – then, what ends up being shown on screen (again, during an actual episode) is what fits within our budget and what we have the means to acquire (rent/buy/etc). You’ll see evidence of that in, for instance, the “Buck Rogers Begins” footage on YouTube.

• Landru says:

I could really care less about Richard Nixon being involved with Star Trek, if only because what Nixon did while in office runs counter to the spirit of what Star Trek represents. Also, the scene of Nixon cheering the landing on the Moon is ironic considering what he and Spiro Agnew did to NASA in the coming decade by defunding it and preventing America from building any and all space stations, as well as not follow up on the accomplishment of getting to the moon (imagine if a moonbase had been built, as well as an American version of Mir, with the money the Nixon administration wasted continuing the Vietnam War? How amazing that would be!)

At least the original Star Trek didn’t help Nixon get elected, like this so-called ‘classic’ show that replaced the original Star Trek did.

• Robert Mauro says:

Psst… there was little to no basis in reality in this little piece – its creation could be termed “having a little fun”. We are allowed to do that, right? 😉

• Pony Horton says:

On July 6th, 2012, 1701 PENNSYLVANIA AV. will be screened at PopCon L.A. at the L.A. Convention Center!

• Stargazer54 says:

Very funny! Thanks for all your hard work. You made me laugh.

Hope the LA screening was well received.